These days a lot of people are looking forward to finding their match using various online dating apps like OkCupid. However, if you didn’t find your right match yet and want to close your OkCupid account, here’s how to do it.
Note: Deleting your OkCupid account is permanent.
How to Close my OkCupid account
You’ll need to perform this procedure on a computer as you cannot close your account from the mobile app.
- Visit okcupid.com and login to your account.
- Click on your profile at the upper right corner.
- A dropdown menu appears, select Settings.
- Click on My Account from the left pane.
- Scroll down and click on the Go here link.
- Click on the Delete account button.
- If you want to disable your account, click on Disable account. Others will see your account as deleted, but you can re-enable your account in the future.
- A confirmation popup appears, enter your password in the Confirm field.
- Click on Delete at the bottom of the page.
What happens to your paid subscription if you disable or delete your account
- If you’ve paid for your subscription through a Credit card or PayPal and disable your account, OkCupid will pause entire billing while your account is in disabled status. Nevertheless, if you activate your account once after your billing expiration date, you’ll be proposed to pay for the subscription. If you delete your account, OkCupid will permanently cancel your subscription.
- If you’ve subscribed through Google Play or iTunes, you’ll require to cancel your subscription manually by going to your respective (Google Play or iTunes) subscription settings. Google Play or iTunes won’t automatically cancel your OkCupid subscription even though it’s disabled, enabled or closed.