Do you need to delete match account because:
- You found a perfect match.
- Got a better alternative to like OkCupid, eHarmony, POF, etc.
- Feel like you are killing too much of your productive time in the virtual world.
- Don’t want to spend hard-earned money on a worthless subscription.
Whatever be the reason, if you are looking for the simplest way to delete Match.com account and cancel match subscription, then you are at the right place.
Things to consider before you close Match account
- All your data in Match profile, including the chat history and matches you have found will be lost permanently after a year.
- Other Match members can’t view your profile and pictures.
- You can reactivate the account within a year. You just have to sign in to the Match account.
- Make sure you’ve canceled the auto-renewal of Match subscription.
If you still wish to leave Match account, then follow our simplified and updated procedure to delete Match account in the article below. So, let’s begin.
Delete Match Account Using a Web-browser
You have to log in from a web browser to delete a Match account as there is not an option to do it from the app.
- Go to Match.com from a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc)
- If not already logged in, sign in to the account which you want to delete.
- Click on the settings icon that lies towards the top right corner of the page and select “Settings” from the dropdown menu that appears.
- In the settings page, click on Change/Cancel Membership.
- Since you are accessing the sensitive part Match will ask you to reenter your password. Type the password and then click on Continue Cancellation.
- Don’t forget to cancel the auto-renewal of your subscription before you proceed further. For this click on Subscription Status.
- After you are done checking your subscription status, click on “Cancel Membership and Remove Profile”.
- You have successfully deleted your Match account. You will receive a membership cancellation notice.
This process will deactivate the Match account, and it will take 365 days to delete it permanently. You can always return to Match.com and then start using it just by logging in with the same username and password.
But remember you can do this only within 365 days after that all your information on the match.com will be permanently removed.
Cancel Match subscription from Android
Though you cannot delete Match account using the application for Match, you can cancel the Match subscription and hide your account from Match search.
- Open the Match app.
- Tap on Menu option (three horizontal lines arranged in a row) that lies towards the top left corner of the page.
- Tap on “Settings” in the menu tab that slides out.
- Now in the Profile Visibility option tap on “Hidden.” It will hide your profile, and you won’t be seen by others.
- Now open Google play store application.
- Tap on menu option at the top left corner of the apps and then tap on “Account” from the menu panel that slides out.
- Tap on Subscription to display all the subscriptions that you have made.
- Find and tap on Match.
- Finally, tap on Cancel and then tap on Yes to confirm your choice.
It will hide your profile and then cancel the automatic payment to Match subscription. This process is almost like deleting your account but don’t rely only on this. We recommend you to remove the Match account entirely by following the procedure stated above.
How to Cancel Match Subscription on iPhone/iPad?
You can easily cancel any subscription on the iPhone.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Scroll down on the settings page, and tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID.
- A popup menu will appear on your screen, and you have to select the View Apple ID.
If you are asked to enter your Apple Id’s password, then do so as per the instruction.
- Scroll down on the page and select Subscriptions option
- Select the Match subscription from the list.
- Tap on the Cancel Subscription option and click Confirm it on the pop-up screen.
You have successfully canceled your Match.com subscription, but your profile will still be available on Match. So, you have to follow the further steps from How to Delete a Match Account heading.