Sometimes you may have posted something on Facebook in a hurry. Then immediately you want that post to be deleted. Follow the steps as mentioned below to delete your post on Facebook from both the Desktop and Facebook App (Mobile).
Remove a post on Facebook via a web browser (PC)
- Open up your browser and head towards www.facebook.com
- Login to your account if you haven’t.
- Click on your profile at the top menu bar.
- Now, scroll down on your timeline and navigate to the post that you want to delete.
- Click on the three dots icon (more options) which is placed just at the top right corner of the respective post.
- The post can be anything photos, videos, page, text and etc because there is no specification required for deleting a post.
- After that, a drop-down list will appear and you have to select the Delete option.
- At last, a confirmation prompt will appear, select Delete.
Delete a post from Facebook from Mobile Phones
- Launch the Facebook app on your phone.
- Tap on the profile icon at the top of your screen.
- Scroll down and look for the pos that you want to delete.
- Once you have found the post, tap on the three dots (more options) icon which is on the top right corner of your post.
- A popup menu will appear and you have to select the Delete option.
- After that, a confirmation prompt will appear, select DELETE.
How to Delete all your posts on Facebook at once?
If you want to delete all your posts on Facebook then you are in the right place. This article will guide you through the steps of deleting all your posts on the Facebook account at once. For this process, you will require Google chrome on your desktop and Social Book Post Manager extension. Follow the steps as below:
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Install the Social Book Post Manager extension in Chrome.
- Go to this link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/social-book-post-manager/ljfidlkcmdmmibngdfikhffffdmphjae
- In order to download and install the extension, you have to be signed in to your Google account.
- Click on the Add to Chrome button.
- Next, a prompt will appear and you have to click on the ‘Add extension button‘ and the extension will be installed in your chrome.
- After finishing the installation, you will see its icon on the top bar of the browser.
- Now, visit www.facebook.com and sign in to your account.
- Click on your profile at the top menu bar of the page.
- Click on the Activity Log option. It’s just below your cover picture.
- Click on the Social Book Post Manager icon at the top right corner of the browser’s app window
- After opening the Social Book Post Manager, select the year and the month of the posts that you want to delete and all the posts within that month of the year will be deleted by clicking on the Delete button.
- Before deleting anything make sure that the posts lie on the given month of the year.
- You can even hide your posts and unhide them if you do not want to delete those posts.
We hope you have successfully deleted your Facebook posts of the given time range.
Q & A:
Query: How to Delete a post on someone else’s wall on Facebook?
Answer: You can’t delete a post on someone else’s wall on Facebook, as you are not the author of the original post. If you have tagged someone on your post, then deleting the post will also remove it from the person’s timeline who has been tagged. You can request directly to the person to delete the post if necessary.