Are you spending a lot of your time on Discord chatting with your friends and playing games? You might want to take a break from Discord.
Disabling your Discord account will help you out. Once you deactivate your account, you can restore it at any time you desire. You can also permanenlty delete discord account.
What happens if you disable Discord account
- Once you deactivate your account, you can reactivate it for regaining access to your account.
- Your account’s data will not be deleted.
- You will not receive any notifications from Discord.
- Others can still send you friend requests, but you can only respond to them after reactivating your account.
Steps to Disable your Discord Account on Desktop
- Open the Discord app on your desktop. Make sure you are logged in to your account.
- You can also perform this on the web app version of Discord.
- Click on the ⚙ icon (settings) at the bottom left corner.
- Now, click on the Edit button inside the MY ACCOUNT section.
- After that, click on the Disable Account option.
- A popup will appear, enter your password, and click on Disable Account.
- You will need to enter the six-digit code if you have enabled 2FA on your account.
Steps to Disable your Discord Account on Mobile App
- Open the Discord app on your phone/tablet.
- Tap on the (☰) icon at the top left corner.
- A side menu bar will appear, tap on the ⚙ icon (settings) at the bottom of your screen
- Now, select My Account option on the page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on Disable Account.
- A popup will appear, type in your password, and tap on DISABLE.
- If you have enabled 2FA on your account, you will be asked to enter the six-digit authentication code.
Restoring Disabled Discord Account
To restore your Discord account, simply login to your account and click on Restore Account (Desktop) or tap on RESTORE ACCOUNT (Mobile).