Instagram stores your search history to find relatable accounts and hashtags instantly. If you want to keep things private, here’s how to delete your Instagram search history.
How to clear my Instagram search history on Android/iOS
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone/iPad or Android device.
- Tap on your profile at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the menu at the upper right corner.
- In the menu pane, select Settings.
- Select Settings from the list.
- Tap on Search History (Android) or tap on Clear Search History (iPhone).
- Tap on Clear All at the top.
- Confirm by tapping on Clear All in the popup window.
How to delete your search history on Instagram using computer
- Navigate to instagram.com and login to your account.
- Click on your profile at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- In the popup menu, select Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down and click on View Account Data option.
- Below the Search history, click on View All.
- Click on Clear Search History.
- In the popup window, select Yes, I’m sure to confirm.