Instagram stores your search history to find relatable accounts and hashtags instantly. If you want to keep things private, here’s how to delete your Instagram search history.
How to clear my Instagram search history on Android/iOS
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone/iPad or Android device.
- Tap on your profile at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines (menu) at the top right corner.
- Tap on Settings at the bottom of the page.
- Select Security on the page.
- Tap on Search History (Android) or tap on Clear Search History (iPhone).
- Tap on the (x) icon of the search history you want to delete.
- To delete all search history at once, tap on Clear All at the upper right corner.
- Confirm by tapping on Clear All.
How to delete your search history on Instagram using computer
- Navigate to instagram.com and login to your account.
- Click on your profile at the upper right corner of the page.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- In the popup menu, select Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down and click on View Account Data option. It’s under the Account Data heading.
- Scroll down and click on View All option below the Search history. It’s under the Account Activity heading.
- Click on Clear Search History.
- Confirm by selecting Yes I’m sure option.