There are multiple ways to uninstall programs on Windows 1o.
The fastest way to uninstall a program on Windows 10
The fasted way to remove any desktop app in Windows 10 is to go to the Start menu.
- Open the start menu by clicking on the Windows icon on the bottom left corner. You can also do it by clicking on Windows key on the keyboard.
- Find the program you want to uninstall from the menu.
- Right-click on the program.
- Click on the option Uninstall.
- You’ll reach into Control Panel, double click on the program you want to get rid of.
- Select Yes on the pop-up message “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”
- Windows Installer will appear and your program is uninstalled.
An alternative way to uninstall a program from Windows 10
You can also remove a program from Windows 10 with the following method. Some app/programs require the administrator’s permission for uninstalling the app. If that’s the case, then grant the permit and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Click on the Windows icon on the bottom left corner or press the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Open the setting of Windows by clicking the Settings gear icon.
- In the Windows setting page, click on Apps.
- Scroll down and find the program you need to uninstall and click on it.
- Hit the Uninstall button. A pop up will appear telling you “This app and its related info will be uninstalled”, click Uninstall.
Get step-by-step instructions from verified Tech Support Specialists to Delete, Cancel or Uninstall anything in just minutes.
How to Uninstall a program on Windows 7?
- Click on the Start menu. It is on the bottom left corner of your screen with a Windows icon. Alternatively, click the Windows key in the keyboard.
- Next, click on the Control Panel from the options list on the right pane of the start menu.
- Select the Uninstall a program option which is below the Programs heading.
- You will see a list of programs installed on your system. Double click on the name of the program you want to uninstall.
- Grant it the administrator’s privilege. And follow on-screen instructions.
Now the uninstallation process is complete.
Uninstall an app in safe mode
If you are struggling to uninstall an application on your computer, then the third-party interference could be the reason behind the problem. so booting your computer in Safe mode may help you.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard for opening the Run dialog.
- Type msconfig on the given field and click OK or press “Enter” on your Keyboard.
- Once the system configuration opens, click on the Boot tab which is on the top right corner of the app window alongside the General tab.
- Now, click on the Safe boot checkbox which is below the Boot options panel.
- Click on Apply and then on OK.
- After that, a prompt will appear on your screen, and you have to click on the Restart button.
- Your computer will start in the Safe mode. Now follow the steps mentioned in the beginning of this article.