Do you want to delete Snapchat account because:
- Addictive nature of Snapchat. You’re spending more time on it rather than being productive.
- You are fed up with recent Snapchat updates and can’t take it anymore.
- Break from social media is needed.
- Moving to another account or deleting one of many.
- Privacy issues and data leak.
Whatever be the reason if you are wondering about how to delete Snapchat account, then you are the right place. In this article, we will guide you in detail to permanently terminate the Snapchat account.
How to Delete Snapchat Account permanently?
You need to use a web browser to delete Snapchat account as this option isn’t available on the app. You can use the web browser of your iPhone or Android phone.
- Go to the account deletion page from a web browser.
- Log in with the username and password of the account you want to get rid of. If you don’t remember login credentials, reset the Snapchat password using the mobile app.
- You need to enter the username and password to confirm your choice to delete Snapchat. Enter the username and password and then click on “continue”.
- A pop-up message will appear on your screen informing that your account has been deactivated.
Snapchat will give you the grace period of 30 days before it deletes your account permanently. During this period your account won’t be visible to others. If you change your mind and think of returning back to Snapchat within 30 days, then you will be able to retrieve all the data in your account.
After 30 days even if you signed up with the same username you won’t be able to get any data you had in your old account. To return to Snapchat within a month, all you have to do is log in with the same username and password of the old account.
All your data will be lost permanently after 30 days of deletion. If you have important data in Snapchat, then we recommend you to download it and keep it in a safe place before you start the account deletion process.