What happens when you delete Mint account?
- All your transactions associated with Mint will be deleted.
- If you have any sub-account on Mint, it will also be removed as well.
Note: You cannot delete your Mint account from the Mobile App. You will need to follow these steps in your web browser. Mint account is handled by Intuit, so for deleting your Mint account, you’ll have to delete your Intuit Account.
Before Deleting Your Mint Account
We strongly recommend you download your data before closing your Mint account.
Important: Once you request for downloading your data, you cannot delete your account until your data is ready for download, which might take up to 45 days.
- Visit Intuit Account Manager and login to your Mint account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on the Continue option right next to Download your Intuit data.
- Click on Continue at the bottom right.
- Again, click on the Continue button at the bottom.
- Make sure to select Mint under Your Intuit Products and click on Continue at the bottom.
- Enter your Mint/Intuit password, and click on Continue.
Note: You will receive an email from Intuit once your data is ready for download, follow the instructions as given. It can take up to 45 days to make your data available for download.
Steps to Delete Mint Account
- Visit Intuit Account Manager and sign in to your account.
- Select Data & Privacy from the left pane of the page.
- After that, click on Continue right next to Delete your Intuit data.
- Click on Make a delete request button.
- Click on Continue at the bottom.
- Make sure only Mint is selected under Your Intuit Products heading. If other Intuit products like TurboTax and Quickbooks are selected, their respective accounts will also be deleted.
- After that, click on Continue at the bottom right.
- Now, mark the “I understand what’ll happen after my data is deleted and I want to send this request.” checkbox, and click on Continue.
- At last, enter your password and click on Delete this data button.
You will receive an email from Intuit confirming your account closure request. Intuit will update you through email, once your account gets deleted.
If you want to cancel your account deletion, then you can do it within 72 hours by going into your Intuit Account in the Data & Privacy section.