Labels, also known as folders in Gmail, make it convenient to organize and categorize your emails. However, if you think you need to edit or delete labels in your Gmail account, here’s what you should do.
Before Deleting Labels in Gmail
Deleting a label will also result in the deletion of all included emails in the label. And you cannot edit or remove labels through the Gmail app on your smartphone/tablet. You will require a computer for this process.
How To Edit or Delete Labels in Gmail
- Navigate to gmail.com using a computer. Login to your account if you haven’t already.
- Click on the ⚙️ icon (settings) at the upper right corner of the page.
- In the dropdown menu, select Settings.
- Click on Labels at the top of the window.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you will see all your labels under Labels heading.
- Click on remove option at the far right of the label you want to delete.
- A confirmation popup will appear, click Delete.
If you want to edit the label:
- Click on edit at the far right corner.
- Edit the label and click Save.