If you are having trouble to delete your Gmail Account, then you are at right place. We will guide you through the steps on how to permanently delete Gmail account as the process is simple. However, you should know that deleting your Gmail account will delete all the email message and email settings in your Google account.
Things that you should know before deleting your Gmail account:
- When you delete your Gmail account it will not delete your whole Google account. You can also perform reactivation after you delete your Gmail account by signing into Gmail on the web and by following the instructions shown on your screen.
Steps to Delete Gmail Account
- Open your browser and go to https://myaccount.google.com and sign-in to your Google account.
- Once you are in the Google sign-in page, enter your email address and click on “Next” which is located at the mid-bottom of the page indicated by a blue box. You will be advanced to another page.
- Now, enter your password in the given field and click on “Next” which on the mid-bottom of the page indicated by a blue box and just beside “Forgot Password?”. After that, you will be signed-in into your Google account.
- When you are signed-in into your account, you will be automatically advanced to the home page of Google Account. Click on “Data & personalization” which is located at the left side of the page with a list of other options. And you will be forwarded to the “Data & personalization” option.
- After that, when you are at “Data & personalization“, you will see a list of options. Scroll down until you find the “Download, delete, or make a plan for your data” options panel. Inside that panel, you will see three options listed and you have to click on the “Delete a service or your account” option which is the third and the last option inside that panel and is indicated by a bin icon.
- Once you’ve clicked that, you will be inside the “Delete a service or your account” and you will see different options placed on the page. You have to find “Delete a Google service” options panel which is indicated with by bin icon and click on “Delete a service” which is inside that panel.
- After that, Google will ask you to enter your password again in order to verify that it’s you who is doing the things. You have to enter the password in the given field and click on “Next” which indicated by a blue box and is located at the mid-bottom of the page.
- After verifying, you will be inside the “Delete a Google service” and you will see a list of Google services. Find “Gmail” and click on the bin icon just beside the Gmail service.
- A window will pop up at your screen where you have to enter an alternative email address for using other services like drive, youtube, etc.
- Only enter the email address that you have access to because the email address that you enter need to be verified in order to delete the account.
- You cannot enter another alternative Gmail address instead you have to enter an email address of yahoo or other except Gmail.
- After entering the email address click on “Send Verification email”. And it will send a verification email to that email address you just entered.
- You have to confirm the email that you have received from Google by clicking the link sent by Google.
- After clicking on the embedded link, you will be taken on to another page where you will be informed for the confirmation to Delete the Gmail account. Check the checkbox which is at the bottom area of the page and after that click on “Delete Gmail“.
- When you click on “Delete Gmail” it will start deleting your Gmail account and after completing the deletion you will be forwarded to a new page for notifying you that the Gmail account has been deleted.
That’s all you need to do in order to delete your Gmail account successfully.