Do you only want to close your Gmail account without deleting your Google account? This article will help you out. Follow these simple steps and will be successfully deleting your Gmail account without any hurdles.
Note: When you delete your Gmail account, it will delete all your emails, so ensure what you are doing.
Steps to Delete Gmail Account
- Open your browser and go to https://myaccount.google.com and sign-in to your Google account.
- Click on “Data & personalization” from the left pane of the page.
- Navigate down to the Download, delete, or make a plan for your data panel, and click on Delete a service or your account option.
- Now, click on the Delete a service option.
- After that, you will need to verify by providing your password.
- Once you verify, you will see a list of Google services. Navigate to Gmail and click on the bin icon right next to it.
- A window will pop up at your screen where you have to enter an alternative email address for using other services like drive, youtube, etc.
- Only enter the email address that you have access to because the email address that you enter need to be verified in order to delete the account.
- You cannot enter another alternative Gmail address instead you have to enter an email address of yahoo or other except Gmail.
- After entering the email address click on “Send Verification email”. And it will send a verification email to that email address you just entered.
- You have to confirm the email that you have received from Google by clicking the link sent by Google.
- After clicking on the embedded link, You will be taken to the Confirm Gmail deletion page. Mark the checkbox at bottom of the page, and click on DELETE GMAIL.
- When you click on “Delete Gmail” it will start deleting your Gmail account and after completing the deletion you will be forwarded to a new page for notifying you that the Gmail account has been deleted.
That’s all you need to do in order to delete your Gmail account successfully.