Instagram is one of the most popular social media networks. It is a photo-sharing app that allows you to share your photos and videos with the world.
If you are a new Instagram user, it is important for you to know how to delete comments on Instagram so that you can keep your account clean and safe from any malicious activity.
What Does Deleting a Comment on Instagram Mean?
When you delete comments on Instagram, it means that you can no longer see those comments in your feed. In addition, all of the likes, follows and replies related to those deleted comments will also be removed from your profile as well.
This makes it easier for people who want to interact with other users on Instagram without having anything unnecessary distracting them while doing so. Also, this will make sure that there are no toxic or harassing remarks left in the comment section of your photos or videos.
It’s easy to delete comments on Instagram, regardless of whether it’s someone commenting on your post and then later deciding to retract that comment, or if someone leaves a comment that you want to remove from your post.
Just remember these rules: you are not allowed to delete your own comments or any comments left on a post that you do not own. You are only permitted to delete any comments made by others on a post that belongs to you.
How to Delete a Comment on Instagram?
Here’s how you can delete a comment on Instagram using the mobile application:
- Open the Instagram application. You can do this by opening it through your preferred mobile device.
- Find the Instagram post you made with the comments you want to delete.
- Tap on the comment bubble icon to expand the comment section of that post.
- On the comment you want to remove, tap and hold. A pop-up should appear, with several options including a trash can icon.
- This trash can icon symbolizes the option to Delete. You should tap on that icon.
Alternatively, here’s how you can delete a comment on Instagram using the desktop browser:
- Open Instagram on your chosen web browser.
- Make sure you are logged in.
- Find the relevant post and comment that you want to remove.
- Hover your mouse over the offending comment until a pop-up appears. It should come in the form of three dots in a horizontal row.
- In the pop-up menu, make sure to choose the option to Delete.
By following the above steps, you should be able to delete any comments you want on Instagram. Unfortunately, Instagram does not allow you to edit comments, even if they belong to you.
Simply replace the comment that you are currently submitting with a new one. Keep in mind that if you delete a comment, it will remove all the likes and replies that are associated with it. But you can still do this if it is an acceptable compromise.