Using Yahoo mail and Yahoo messenger might be the first thing many of us did on the internet, but this doesn’t mean you have to keep on using Yahoo as a souvenir despite its constant breach of privacy and its obsolete services. You need to delete Yahoo account because
- Lack of regular update to meet up the expectation of the customers.
- Frequent breach of data security policy. It is in the news that Former employees of Yahoo confessed that the data breach of Yahoo had affected not less than 2.5 billion accounts.
- You have multiple Yahoo account, and you want to keep only one account active.
- Availability of multiple better alternatives like Gmail, Outlook, etc.
Whatever be your reason for choosing to close Yahoo account we are here to guide you. Keep in mind that once you close the account there is no way of returning back to the same ID.
How to delete the Yahoo account permanently?
Yahoo doesn’t allow you to delete your account using the mobile application. You have to use a web browser if you wish to terminate the Yahoo account permanently.
- Step 1: Go to Yahoo Account Termination page.
- Step 2: Enter the Yahoo Id which you want to delete and then click on “Next”.
- Step 3: Enter your Yahoo account password. If you have forgotten the password to your account, you should try and recover the Yahoo password first.
- Step 4: Yahoo! will show all the things that you will lose once you delete the Yahoo account. If you still want to delete the Yahoo account, click on “Continue Deleting my Account.” In case you changed your mind after reading the consequences of deleting Yahoo account and don’t want to delete it click on “Cancel”.
- Step 5: Re-enter the email address just to confirm and then click on “Yes, terminate this account”.
- Step 6: A successful message will be displayed. Click on “Sounds Good” and it will forward you to Yahoo home page.
Yahoo will take 40 days to delete your account permanently. It may take longer if you are registered in Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, and Taiwan. Before the expiry of this period, your account is just temporarily deactivated, and you can return back in just by logging in with the old email and password.
So, consider these consequences before you mover further to delete the Yahoo account permanently.
Consequences of deleting Yahoo Account
- No access to products and services of Yahoo like Yahoo mail, Flickr account, Tumblr account, etc.
- Your Yahoo email will be available for anyone to grab. You can’t get that email ID back if you want to return to Yahoo later.
- You’ll lose all data including emails, chat history, photos in Flickr, contacts, etc. So, download all data that you might require before you delete your account.
- Even your paid services of Yahoo will become inaccessible, and you are not going to get any refund.
FAQs on deleting Yahoo Account
Q. Can I delete my yahoo account from Yahoo Mobile App?
A. No, you need to visit the yahoo account termination page to delete your yahoo account.
Q. Will deleting yahoo account also delete my yahoo email account?
A. If your yahoo account is also your yahoo email address, everything will be deleted.
Q. Can I recover my deleted yahoo account?
A. Yes, if you want that, you can do it within 40 days from the day you deleted your yahoo account. After 40 days, the yahoo account is erased from the 1Yahoo database.