News about many Whatsapp account being hacked is disturbing. Besides this, there are numerous instances where Whatsapp is assumed to have been involved in data scandals. So if your concern is about privacy and security then you can delete WhatsApp Account. We have tested and found out the most efficient ways to delete the account. Follow the below-mentioned procedures:
Note: Once you delete your account, your WhatsApp data cannot be recovered even if you reactivate the same account in the future.
What happens when I delete WhatsApp account?
- It will completely delete your message history.
- If you are in any group, you will be removed.
- Your phone number will no longer be linked with WhatsApp.
- If you are on your friends’ favorite list, your account will be removed from that list
- If you have any payment information, it will be erased from WhatsApp.
- It will delete your Google Drive backup if any
Steps to delete WhatsApp Account
- First of all, launch WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Tap on the menu icon (⋮) at the top right corner of your screen.
- Now, select Settings from the popup menu.
- Choose the Account from the options list.
- Enter your phone number associated with your WhatsApp account and tap on DELETE MY ACCOUNT button.
- Select a reason for closing your account, from the Select a reason dropdown menu. You can also give feedback.
- After that, tap on the DELETE MY ACCOUNT button.
- Now you will get a warning about the consequence of deleting your account. Tap on DELETE MY ACCOUNT at the bottom of your screen.
You have finally deleted the account. Your phone will not buzz anymore with unnecessary Ads and requests.
How to Back up Whatsapp data
Again note that, you will lose all your data including chat history, once you delete WhatsApp account. If you end up changing your mind after deleting your WhatsApp account, your Whatsapp data backup will help you pick up from where you left.
- Open the WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap on the menu (⋮) at the upper right corner and select Settings.
- Select Chats from the menu page.
- Now, head into Chat backup.
- Finally, tap on the BACKUP NOW button, and it will backup your Whatsapp chat data.
(It will create a backup on your internal storage, and Google drive too if you have enabled it. However, deleting WhatsApp account will delete the backup on your Google drive as well.)