Delete Twitter account if you go on tweeting, mentioning, fighting and sub tweeting so much to realize at the end that it was all worthless. Since you don’t have to be a friend to find, follow and read the tweet of anyone we don’t bother to think what simple words in your tweet might affect others’ feeling. So here is the easiest way to terminate a Twitter account.
Things to consider before deleting Twitter account permanently
- Your account will not be visible to others.
- You can’t see your tweets, likes, and retweets. But there is an option to download them before you delete your account. To download Twitter data
- Click https://twitter.com/settings/your_twitter_data.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and then click on “Request Data”.
- Deleted twitter handle will be freed after 3o days from the date of the account termination. You might not be able to get the same handle in case you want to come back.
- It will take 30 days for Twitter to delete your data completely. This is the grace period within which you may return back to Twitter in case you change your mind. All you have to do is log in with the old username and password and your account will be reactivated.
- You can’t create a new account with the same email for 30 days.
Even after knowing the consequences if you still want to delete the Twitter account then follow the steps below.
How to delete Twitter account on a desktop?
- Go to Twitter.com and log in with your account.
- Click on profile icon that lies towards the top right corner of the page and select “Settings and Privacy” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings page and then click on Deactivate your Account.
- Read the consequences of deleting the Twitter account and hit on the ‘Deactivate’ option at the end of the page.
- Re-enter the password of the Twitter account to confirm your choice and then click on “Deactivate Account”.
Delete Twitter profile from Android mobile
- Open Twitter application on your android device.
- Tap on the profile icon on the top left corner and then tap on ‘Settings and Privacy’ option from the menu pane that slides out.
- Select the option ‘Account’.
- Swipe down to the bottom of the Account page and tap “Deactivate your account”.
- Read all the things you should know before deactivating your account and hit ‘Deactivate’.
- Complete the deactivation request by entering the password associated with your account.