Tumblr is a popular microblogging and social networking service. However, if you are fed up with Tumblr, it might be the time to close your Tumblr account. In this article, we will guide you to delete your Tumblr account.
How to Delete Tumblr Account Permanently
Note: You cannot delete your Tumblr account from the mobile app.
- Visit Tumblr.com from PC or from mobile.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the profile icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the Settings option in the drop-down menu.
- In the settings page scroll down to the bottom of the page and then click on Delete Account.
- Now you are asked to enter your login email and password to confirm the deleting account.
- Finally, click on Delete Everything.
What happens when you delete your Tumblr account?
- All your data including, posts will be deleted.
- If you have a secondary blog where you are the only member, you will lose that too. You will be removed from any group blog where you are a member.
- Your Tumblr URL will be publicly available for reuse.
- Your profile will be deleted.
How to Delete Tumblr Blog on Mobile?
- Open Tumblr app on your phone.
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on your primary blog name at the top left corner and select your secondary blog.
- Tap on the ⚙️ icon at the top right corner.
- On the settings page, tap on ‘Delete this Tumblr‘.
- A popup will appear, type in your password and tap on Delete.
How to delete Tumblr blog on desktop?
Note: You’ll need to close your Tumblr account to delete your primary blog on Tumblr.
If you have secondary blog on Tumblr, follow these steps to delete it:
- Visit tumblr.com and log in to your account.
- Click on the profile icon at the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- On the Blogs section on the right and select the secondary blog you want to delete.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the “Delete Blog Name” button.
- Type in your email address, and password.
- Click on the Delete Blog Name button.