Many photographers and videographers are using Tumblr to promote their works. With the rising awareness of people regarding their privacy on the internet, people trying to delete the Tumblr account, or their secondary blog is increasing.
There are two blogs in any Tumblr account; Primary Blog and Secondary Blog. You can delete secondary Blogs without hampering your primary account. But to delete the Tumblr account, you have to compromise your account. In this article, we will discuss in detail about the process and consequences of canceling a Secondary blog and Tumblr account.
Things to consider before deleting Tumblr account
Before moving on to the process of terminating Tumblr account permanently, consider the following points:
- All the data in your primary blog will be removed forever, and, this can’t be retrieved later.
- If you have a secondary blog where you are the only member, you will lose that too. You will be removed from any group blog where you are a member.
- Your blog URL will be released. You can use the same URL anytime when you wish to come back, but the URL might have already been taken by somebody else.
- Your Tumblr account will no longer exist, and people will not be able to search for you on Tumblr or have access to your profile anymore.
Delete Tumblr Account Permanently
Though you can use the Tumblr account through the Web browser or mobile application, you will not be able to delete Tumblr account using the mobile app. You must use the web browser either from PC or Mobile.
- Visit Tumblr.com in any browser you prefer either from PC or from mobile.
- Log in to Tumblr with the email address and password of the account that you want to delete if you are not already logged in.
- Once you are logged in, click on the profile icon that lies towards the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the Settings option in the drop-down menu.
- In the settings page scroll down to the bottom of the page and then click on Delete Account.
- Now you are asked to enter your login email and password to confirm the deleting account.
- Finally, click on Delete Everything.
Deleting Secondary Blogs/Group Blogs using Web Browser
- Go to Tumblr.com in any web browser and log in with the username and password of the account if you are not already logged in.
- Once logged in click on the profile icon and then select the “Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- In the right panel of the page, click on the name of the blog that you want to delete or group that you want to leave.
- Finally, scroll down to the bottom of the page and then click on “Delete Blog” “Leave Blog”.
Deleting Secondary Blogs/Group Blogs using Android Device
- Go to the Tumblr mobile application on your Android device.
- Tap on profile icon (Person like structure) at the right bottom of the screen.
- When the page loads, tap on setting option at the top right corner. And tap on ‘Delete this Tumblr’.
- Now a pop-up box will appear asking your password to confirm the deletion of your Tumblr account. Tap on ‘Delete’ to terminate your Tumblr account.
Delete Tumblr Group Blogs using iOS Device
- Open the Tumblr app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the profile icon towards the upper left corner of the home screen and then tap on the blog’s name in the top left corner of the page.
- Find the blog you want to delete and then swipe it left and then choose “Delete” or “Leave.”
If you ever think of returning back to Tumblr, you can always create a new Tumblr account with the same username provided that any other user does not already take the same username or URL. But keep in mind that no data of your old profile will be carried forward to the new account even if you use the same URL and credentials.