Paypal has made our life more comfortable through the online payment service, but in recent days it has a growing number of competitors. If you want to move on to an alternative service, then you might want to delete the Paypal account. Follow these steps to do so.
3 Things to do Before deleting a PayPal Account
- If you have any recurring transactions paid through your PayPal account, change the payment method to another account.
- Make sure all your transactions are complete. If any transactions are yet to be finished, it will be canceled while closing your PayPal account.
- If you have any remaining balance on your account, don’t forget to withdraw it. You can transfer your money to your bank account or send it to others, or make purchases.
Steps To Delete PayPal Account
To close your account permanently, follow the steps below
- Visit paypal.com on any web browser.
- Login to your account if you haven’t.
- Click on the ⚙ icon (account settings) at the top right corner of the page.
- Scroll down and select the Close your account option.
- If you are requested to enter your bank details, then do so.
- Again, select the Close account option for confirmation.
How To Close Business PayPal Account
- Visit paypal.com and login to your account.
- Click on Profile at the top right corner of the page.
- Now, click on the Profile and Settings option.
- After that, select Account settings from the left pane.
- Click on the Close account option on the far right of Account type.
- At last, click on Close account to confirm your PayPal account deletion.
What happens when you close a PayPal account?
- Once your PayPal account is closed, you cannot access it.
- All your transaction history will be deleted.
- You can create a new account using the same email, but all your transaction history won’t be restored.