If you wish to delete Microsoft account then here are the few things to consider.
- Your access to the Microsoft products like Skype, Xbox, office365, one drive, NuGet.org, etc. will be lost and you won’t be able to log in to Hotmail and Outlook emails. Microsoft won’t let you delete one of its product accounts and continue using other.
- All the data associated with the Microsoft account will be lost.
- Your account will be logged out of the Windows account. So, we recommend you remove Microsoft account from Windows and sign in windows with other local emails.
Steps to Delete Microsoft Account Permanently
- Go to the Microsoft account closure page.
- Log in with the account you want to delete. Microsoft may sometimes ask you to enter the code that is sent on your mobile number or alternative email ID.
- Microsoft will now display all the thing you should consider before deleting the account. Like: turning off reset protection, removing the account from windows, finishing all the Skype credit if any, etc. Make sure that you read them all so that you won’t lose something important. After you are done click ‘Next’.
- Check all the boxes to acknowledge all the consequences of deleting Microsoft account. Select one of the reasons for Microsoft account deletion. If your reason is not listed in the drop-down list, select “My reason is not listed” and then click on Mark account for closure.
- Finally, a message stating that your account will be closed on a certain date is displayed on your screen. Click on “Done” to finish the process.
Microsoft will take 60 days before it deletes your account permanently, until then your account is marked for closure. If you wish to return to the same Microsoft account, all you have to do is sign in to the account using the same username and password.
You may need to answer some security question before Microsoft allows you to sign in to deleted account. After 60 days your Microsoft account will be deleted completely and permanently.
Remove Microsoft Account from the Windows 10
- Open your laptop/PC from which you want to remove the Microsoft account.
- Click on the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of the screen and click on the setting gear icon.
- Select the option Accounts from the menu.
- In the Account page, choose Your info option.
- Click on Sign in with local account instead.
- Enter the password of the account that you are currently using to sign in, click Next.
- Type Username> password> re-type password and password hint and then click on “Next”.
- Click on “Finish and Sign out”, you will be signed out of your account. Now login with your local account.
- Now go to the Accounts section again and choose Email & app account option.
- Select the Microsoft account that you want to delete and then click on remove and click on “Yes” to confirm your choice.