If you are a driver or rider leaving Lyft, you might want to delete the Lyft account. Well, you cannot erase your account completely, but you can deactivate it. It’s a bit annoying, but it can become handy while you are reactivating your account. You can also remove your information from Lyft manually.
Why you can’t delete your Lyft Account
How to Delete your Information from Lyft
You cannot delete your name from your Lyft account, but what you can do is remove or edit your other information and photo.
Note: If you have a driver account, you cannot remove your photo from your profile alongside your name. Riders will be able to see Drivers’ names, profile photos, vehicle information, and rating.
- Tap on the ( ☰ ) icon at the top left corner of your screen.
- Select View Profile on the menu pane.
- After that, edit your info.
Also, don’t forget to disable the Facebook mutual friends feature and location sharing by heading into your device’s settings.
How To Delete Your Lyft Account
- Launch the Lyft app on your phone.
- Login to your account if you haven’t.
- Tap on the ( ☰ ) icon at the top left corner of your screen, or swipe right.
- In the side menu pane, select Help.
- Now, tap on Profile and account.
- Select the Delete my account option.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Go to account deletion
- Select your country, enter your phone number and tap on Next.
- Enter the verification code and tap on Next.
- Tap on YES, IT’S ME button.
- Now, enter your email address associated with your Lyft account and tap Next.
- Tap on the Start button below the Delete account heading.
- enter your reason for leaving Lyft (optional) and tap on Next.
- At last, type DELETE in the given field and tap on the Delete account button.
You will receive a confirmation email from Lyft saying that they have received your account deletion request. It can take up to 2 days to delete your Lyft account; if not, contact Lyft support.
Delete Lyft Account from Desktop / Browser
- Visit the Lyft support page on any web browser.
- Enter your email address, subject, and phone number in the given fields. Your email address and mobile number should be associated with your account.
- Select your account type from the What do you want help with? Dropdown menu.
- Now, select profile and account settings and then Delete my account.
- Type in the reason for leaving Lyft in the Description field.
- At last, click on the Submit button.