Delete Kik account if you are fed up with its many unethical issues or you just want to leave the platform.
As there are far better alternatives, you can close Kik account without any regret.
Kik account deletion process is a bit difficult, but do not worry, we guide you step by step process to close the account. To delete the account, you have to follow this process from a web browser as you can’t terminate the account from the app.
Updated and tested procedure to delete or deactivate the Kik account.
How to Delete Kik account permanently
- Go to https://ws.kik.com/delete
- Enter the username of your Kik account. If you don’t know your username, you can see it by going to the settings page of your mobile application.
- Provide the email id associated with your Kik account. If you don’t have access to the email id, then go to the setting of Kik mobile application then tap on Your Account and then change the email ID. Input the email Id that you have access to and then hit Save.
- Select the reason for leaving the Kik. If the reason doesn’t appear in the drop-down list, click on the other and type it manually.
- Check the box confirming that you know the consequences of deleting the Kik account permanently and then click on “Go”.
- Kik will send you an email with the link to permanently deactivate your account. Open the email and click on the link.
- Your account will be terminated permanently. You will receive a message from Kik saying that your account has been deleted successfully.
If you delete the account permanently your username will not be searchable anywhere on Kik. Your contact ID will be deleted from the contact list of your friends.
You won’t be able to log back into your account and won’t have access to any information like contact and messages.
So, if you ever think of returning to Kik shortly or if you want to keep the information of your account accessible in then deactivate the account temporarily.
Deactivate Kik Account Temporarily
- Go to https://ws.kik.com/deactivate in any web browser you prefer.
- Enter your email id for the Kik account. If you don’t know the password of the email Id then change the email id that you have provided to Kik by using the mobile application. Go to the settings > Your Account > change the email id.
- You’ll receive an email with the link to deactivate the account. Click the link, and your account will be disabled temporarily.
- Kik will ask you the reason for stopping to use Kik messenger. However, it is not compulsory to answer them. If you want to explain, click on any reason and then click on Go.
FAQs on Deleting Kik Account
Q. How to delete the Kik account from the mobile App?
A. Kik doesn’t allow users to delete the Kik account from Kik App.
Q. Can I get the Kik account deactivation page?
A. Here you go, https://ws.kik.com/deactivate
Q. Can I recover my deleted Kik account?
A. No, once you choose to delete your Kik account, you can’t recover it. However, if you want to leave Kik temporarily, we suggest deactivating your Kik account.