Kik has recently been involved in many unethical issues and acting as a platform for issuing illegal cryptocurrencies. Besides this, many apps provide much more additional benefits than Kik apps. If you are tired of searching for a way to delete the Kik account, then you are in the right place.
Kik has made its deletion process a bit tiresome; it won’t let you delete your account using the mobile application. In this article, we will discuss the updated and tested procedure to delete Kik account or deactivate it temporarily. So, let’s begin.
Delete Kik account permanently
- Go to https://ws.kik.com/delete using any web browser you prefer. As already stated you must use a web browser to delete Kik account. You don’t have account deletion option in Kik application.
- Enter the username of your Kik account. If you don’t know your username, you can see it by going to the settings page of your mobile application.
- Now insert the email id that you have provided while creating the Kik account. You must have access to this email id. If you don’t have access to the email id, then go to the setting of Kik mobile application then tap on Your Account and then change the email ID. Input the email Id that you have access to and then hit Save.
- Select the reason for leaving the Kik account. Click on the downward-facing arrow and then select the reason why you are quitting Kik account. If the reason for which you are leaving Kik account doesn’t appear in the drop-down list, click on other and type it manually.
- Check the box confirming that you know the consequences of deleting the Kik account permanently and then click on “Go”.
- Kik will send you an email with the link to permanently deactivate your account. Open the email and click on the link.
- Your account will be terminated permanently. You will receive a message from Kik saying that your account has been deleted successfully.
If you delete the account permanently your username will not be searchable anywhere on Kik. Your Kik contact ID will be deleted from the contact list of your friends. You won’t be able to log back into your account and won’t have access to any information like contact and messages. So, if you ever think of returning to Kik shortly or if you want to keep the information of your account accessible in then deactivate the account temporarily.
Deactivate Kik Account Temporarily
- Go to https://ws.kik.com/deactivate in any web browser you prefer. You won’t even be able to deactivate your Kik account temporarily using the mobile application.
- Enter your email id for Kik account. You must have access to the email id that you be able to deactivate your account temporarily. So, if you don’t know the password of the email Id then change the email id that you have provided to Kik by using the mobile application. Go to the settings > Your Account > change the email id.
- You’ll receive an email with the link to deactivate the account. Click the link, and your account will be disabled temporarily.
- Kik will ask you the reason for stopping to use Kik messenger. However, it is not a compulsion to answer them. If you want to explain, click on any reason and then click on Go.