No need to raise funds anymore? Then you might want to delete your GoFundMe account. To close your account, you’ll need to meet some requirements. In this article, we will guide you through the procedure of deleting your GoFundMe account.
Note: GoFundMe doesn’t allow you to close the Charity Administrator Accounts. You can only delete an Independent Account.
Before Deleting your GoFundMe account
You can only close your GoFundMe account if you don’t have any campaigns with team members, fundraising minimums, or funds raised.
How to Delete a GoFundMe Campaign
You can only delete your GoFundMe campaign if you’ve raised no money and don’t have any team members. Follow the steps to end your campaign.
- In the Campaign Manager view, hover over the campaign you want to delete and click on the bin icon at the top right corner.
- Confirm by clicking on Delete.
Once you’ve deleted all your campaigns, then you can head towards deleting your account.
How to Delete your GoFundMe Account
- Visit gofundme.com and login to your account if you haven’t
- Hover over your profile and select Account settings from the dropdown menu. If you didn’t find your profile, click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner and choose Account settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Delete Account.
- A confirmation popup appears, click on Delete My Account.
How to Delete GoFundMe Charity Account
GoFundMe doesn’t allow you to close your account completely. However, you can deactivate donations and remove it from search results. If you are an admin of the charity profile or an authorized representative of the charity, you can contact the GoFundMe support team and request for account deactivation.