If you wish to close your Delta SkyMiles account, this is the right place. Take a look at this article to delete your account.
Delta SkyMiles is the frequent-flyer program of Delta Airlines, a major American airline. Delta runs its frequent flyer program under the name SkyMiles. It offers points to the passengers while traveling on most of the fare types. It also allows points to the consumers who utilize Delta co-branded credit cards. The Delta SkyMiles account is free, and anyone can register.
Why should you delete your Delta SkyMiles account?
Out of many reasons for closing your account, one reason is email spamming from the company. If you are not using your account, it is best to delete them to prevent criminals online from reusing your private information. Using them, they can also log in to your account.
How to delete your Delta SkyMiles account?
You can quickly close your account if you no longer need it. There are two ways to close your account:
- Delete your account through email
- Delete your account by contacting customer support.
Delete your Delta SkyMiles account through email.
You can delete your account by sending an email to the respective company and requesting them to remove your account from the database. Follow these steps to close your Delta SkyMiles account by email:
1. Open your registered account, and click on Compose.
2. Compose an email to MobileApp@delta.com.
3. On the subject, type “REQUEST TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.”
4. Now, write an email to the company requesting them to remove your Delta SkyMiles account from their database and click on “Send.”
Delete your Delta SkyMiles account by contacting customer support.
You can contact the customer service team of Delta SkyMiles. After contacting, you need to provide them your phone number, account number, and Social Security Number.
You can call the Delta SkyMiles customer service number at 800-323-2323. Unfortunately, they do not offer a live chat feature for Customer Support. If you don’t want to speak directly to the customer support agent, you can seek support on the help forum. Go to the Help page, and there you will find two help forums.
1. Is it possible to delete the Delta SkyMiles account from the website?
You cannot close your SkyMiles account on the website. You must use the linked form then select SkyMiles. Go to Update SkyMiles Account and request them to delete your account.
2. What happens when you forget your password?
You can reset your password. For that, you need to provide your SkyMiles Number, Email, or Username.
3. How can you update your basic information?
You can update your name by providing a copy of your marriage certification, divorce certificate, or court order. The provided name should be similar to the name of your legal documents.
If you want to change your date of birth or gender, you need to provide your identity verification document.
4. How to change your Delta SkyMiles address?
You should provide some documents for updating your address.
- Your ID with the new address
- Bank statement and payroll statement with your name and new address
- Confirmation of change of address from the postal service.
- Your insurance bill
- Your mortgage or residential lease/rental agreement providing proof of your new address.
5. Can we merge multiple SkyMiles account?
If you have more than one Delta SkyMiles account, you can merge them into a single one. After combining them, you can access the combined account number. For security, you need to enter both your account number and password. During the merging process, you need to choose one account number as your permanent number.
We hope you were successful in deleting your Delta SkyMiles account.