Amazon Firestick only offers a storage space of 8GB. If you are running out of space, you can delete apps on Firestick and free up some space.
How to Uninstall Apps on Amazon Firestick
- Boot up your Firestick and choose Settings from the top menu bar.
- Navigate and click on Applications.
- Select Manage Installed Applications. You can also see the storage space available on your Firestick.
- Choose the app you want to remove.
- Scroll down and select Uninstall.
- Again, click Uninstall to confirm. The app is uninstalled.
Uninstalling apps on Firestick will free up space for other use. If you want to free up even more space, you can do it by clearing the cache on your Amazon Firestick.
How to Clear Cache on Firestick
Cache files help in faster performance of the app. However, it might be eating up a considerable amount of space on your Firestick. You can claim some space by deleting cache files.
Note: Deleting cache won’t affect on applications’ functionality or data.
- Open Settings on your Firestick.
- Select Settings on the page.
- Choose Manage Installed Applications.
- Select any installed app.
- Now, scroll down and select the Clear cache option.
Repeat the same steps for other apps and free up space on your Firestick.