Is Avast making your computer slow or it’s not working as you expected? Or Avast got installed without your consent? Uninstall Avast antivirus with the following simple steps.
You also need to remove Avast if you want to install another virus protection program.
Note: Before getting started on uninstalling Avast, you will need to disable Avast’s Self-Defense Mode first. The Self-Defense feature is there to make sure that malicious software cannot uninstall Avast.
How to Disable Avast’s Self-Defence Mode?
- Open the Avast antivirus on your PC.
- Click on Menu at the top right corner of the app window.
- In the drop-down menu, select Settings.
- Select General from the left pane.
- Now, select the Troubleshooting option from the options list.
- Unmark the Enable Self-Defense checkbox.
- A confirmation popup will appear, select OK.
- Now, close the Settings window and Avast User Interface.
How To Uninstall Avast?
Once you have disabled the Self-Defense mode, you are good to go for uninstalling Avast from your PC. Follow these steps to remove Avast from your PC.
- Open Control Panel on your PC.
- Click on the Uninstall a program option under the Programs heading.
- If your view by option is set to small icons or large icons, select Programs and Features option.
- You will see a list of applications installed on your PC, double click on Avast Antivirus.
- A prompt will appear for the administration’s permission, grant by selecting Yes.
- After that, Avast’s installation configuration window will open up. Click on UNINSTALL at the bottom.
- A confirmation popup will appear, select Yes.
- Now, your Avast uninstallation process will begin and it might take a few minutes to complete.
- Once it’s done, Avast will ask if you want to restart your PC right now. Click on Restart computer. We strongly recommend you restart your computer once the uninstallation process is complete. It’s like a finishing touch to the uninstallation process.
Note: Nowadays, Avast also installs Avast Secure Browser alongside its antivirus. While uninstalling Avast, it won’t uninstall the Avast Secure Browser with it. So, you have to perform its uninstallation process separately.
Avast not Uninstalling?
If you have tried the steps as mentioned above and you are still unable to uninstall Avast, don’t worry. Avast provides an Uninstall Utility to remove Avast from your PC.
- Visit the Avast Uninstall Utility link.
- Follow the instructions as given in the article.