Remove Google Account from a phone?
Do you need to remove Google account from a phone? Android and iPhone have different methods to remove the account.
Steps on Removing Google account form an Android device
- Open Settings on your phone
- Now, tap on Users & accounts option. It may be also denoted as Accounts only; it depends upon your phone
- Select Google from the list of services.
- Choose the Google account that you want to remove from your phone if you’ve multiple accounts.
- Now, tap on Remove or Remove account. You may be asked to enter your phone’s security code. (password, pin code, pattern, fingerprint or others. If you use Samsung or other, you may have to tap on the menu icon at the top right corner (⋮) and select Remove account
Steps to remove Google account from iPhone
In iOS devices, you have to remove your Google account from the services that access your Google account. For e.g: Gmail, safari, mail.
Remove from Settings
- If you use your Google account in the Mail app, you will have to remove it from the settings.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
- On the settings page, scroll down and tap on Passwords & Accounts.
- You will see a list of all your accounts, tap on your target Google account.
- Now, tap on the Delete account option at the bottom of the page
- A confirmation popup will appear, select Delete from My iPhone.
From the Gmail App
- Launch the Gmail app on your iOS device
- Tap on the menu icon ☰ at the top left corner.
- Select Account from the dropdown menu and select Manage Accounts.
- Now, tap on Edit at the upper right corner
- After that, tap on the Remove option right next to the account that you want to remove. A confirmation popup will appear, select OK.
- Launch the Safari app on your iPhone/iPad and head into google.com
- Tap on your profile at the top right corner of the page.
- Now, tap on Sign out (if you haven’t done)
- Tap on Sign in from the top right corner.
- After that, select the Remove an account option. And tap on the red icon (remove) right next to the account that you want to remove.
- A confirmation popup will appear, tap on Yes, remove.
If you want to close your account permanently, follow How to delete Google Account.