Venmo is a widely used digital wallet in the U.S, which lets you make and share payments with your friends. However, if you are done with Venmo and want to close your Venmo account, here’s how to do it.
Chat with a Tech Support Specialist anytime, anywhere
Note: Make sure if you have any balance left on your Venmo account, transfer it to your bank account or return the funds to the sender before deleting your account. If you close your account with any remaining balance, then you will have to contact Venmo to refund it.
Steps to delete a Venmo account using a web browser
- Visit venmo.com on any web browser.
- Sign in to your account if you haven’t.
- Click on Settings at the top right corner of the page.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on Close my Venmo Account.
- Download the CSV file by clicking on the Download CSV button, it includes a record of all your transactions.
- Click on the Next below the Closing your Venmo account heading.
- A popup will appear, ensure that you have downloaded the history of your transaction, and click on Next.
- At last, click on Close Account to confirm your account closure.
How To Delete a Venmo Account on Mobile
Venmo doesn’t allow you to delete your account using the app. For that, you will have to go through the web browser process as mentioned above in the article.