Snapchat automatically deletes all messages from the chat once it’s seen by the recipient unless the message is saved in chat, but what if you want to delete a message you sent before it’s seen at the other end of the chat.
In this article, HowToDelte guides you through the steps of deleting a message before it’s seen by the receiver. You have to be quick for this procedure because we don’t know when your message is going to be seen.
Steps to Manually Delete Snapchat Messages
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Swipe right on your screen to open chat. You can also tap on Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Select your target conversation.
- Tap and hold on the message you want to delete.
- Now, select Delete from the popup menu.
- Another popup will appear, tap on Delete Chat.
Snapchat informs you that they will attempt to remove it from their servers and your friends’ devices, but it might not work if the receiver has a bad internet connection or if someone is running on an older version of Snapchat.
How To Delete Snapchat Conversations
- Tap on your profile icon at the top left corner of your screen.
- Now, tap on the ⚙ icon at the top right corner.
- Scroll down on the page and tap on Clear Conversation.
- You will see all your conservations on the page.
- Tap on the (x) icon of the respective chat that you want to delete.
- A confirmation popup will appear, tap on Clear.
What happens when you delete a conversation
- It will only clear the conversation from your feed.
- It will not delete any saved or sent messages in your conversation.
You can also delete the entire account.