What happens when you delete Reddit account?
- Once you delete your account, you can’t recover it. All your likes saved posts and links will be lost.
- Your comments will remain visible unless you delete them individually, but your username will be shown as [deleted].
- Even if you change your mind in the future, you can’t reuse the current username after deletion.
So if you don’t want any of your posts or comments to be visible in the future, delete them before deactivating the Reddit account.
Steps to delete Reddit account
You need to follow this process from a web-browser as you can’t delete the account from the Reddit app.
- Visit reddit.com from a web browser. (Log in with your Reddit account if not already logged in).
- Click on your account’s username at the top right corner of the page.
- A drop-down menu will appear on your screen. select the User Settings.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and Select the DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT option.
- A popup window will appear on your screen. Enter your username and password of your Reddit account.
- Click DEACTIVATE after agreeing on the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox in front of “I understand that deactivated accounts are not recoverable”.
- Confirm the deletion process by clicking on the DEACTIVATE button.
Direct link to delete
You can directly delete Reddit with the deactivation link. Follow the link and enter login credentials to close your account.
Delete Reddit account using Mobile
- Open any web browser on your phone and visit reddit.com
- Log in with your account if you haven’t.
- Tap on the menu (☰) at the top right corner of the page.
- Select the Settings option from the menu list.
- Now, tap on the Deactivate tab on the top of the page.
- Enter a reason for deactivating your Reddit account, or skip it.
- Log in with Reddit credentials for security purpose.
- Now, tap on the checkbox under the confirmation heading.
- Finally, tap deactivate account to complete the process.
How to delete Reddit post history
As Reddit doesn’t allow you to delete multiple posts, you have to erase each post individually.
- Launch the Reddit app from the mobile.
- Tap on the account icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- A sidebar menu will appear, click on your username.
- You’ll see the posts and comments on the screen. Tap on the particular post that you want to delete.
- Now, tap on the ⋮ (menu icon) at the top right corner of your screen
- Select the option Delete on the pop-up menu. And confirm it.
Delete Reddit post from desktop
- Go to the Reddit homepage from your desktop web browser.
- Click on your username at the top right corner of the page.
- Select My Profile from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the POSTS tab. From the posts, click on ⋮ (menu) at the top right corner of your post that you want to remove.
- A drop-down menu will show up, and you have to choose Delete. Click on the DELETE POST option to confirm the deletion.