Microsoft is continually updating Windows 10. Every year, Microsoft releases important improvements to its latest operating system. New features are added as updates. Even when new features are released, existing ones might sometimes escape the user’s notice. Particularly for new users. Quick access is an ancient feature that Windows 10 brings back. This capability is available in File Explorer in Windows 10. This functionality can be used to save links from files or directories opened in File Explorer. This link was created to allow you to open the file or folder without having to search for it in File Explorer. This is known as history.
File Explorer’s history, which keeps track of whatever files you’ve opened or changed. The Quick access option is convenient. If you recently opened an application, photo, video, folder or whatever, you can reopen it without opening the destination folder containing the file. This is useful for preferred folders/files or those that are regularly opened.
Quick Access is essentially a menu that allows you to rapidly access your most frequently used files and folders.You can add commonly accessed folders to the Quick Access menu. When you visit different files and folders, the files and folders that display in the Quick Access menu automatically update.
This may be a valuable feature for some people, but not everyone. Then learning how to Remove Files From Quick Access is required. Many users, for example, share their laptops with other family members and do not want to reveal what they have access to.
Many users choose to keep their recently and often used folders hidden in Quick Access. So, if you’re seeking something similar, you’ve come to the perfect place. This tutorial will walk you through the process of deleting files from Quick Access.
Remove Files or Folders from Quick Access in Windows 10/11
- In your Control Panel, navigate to File Explorer Options and select the appropriate option.
- It is possible to do so by running Explorer, going to the “View” tab, and then selecting the “Options” drop-down menu from the View tab.
- Change the folder and search choices by using the drop-down menus.
- The following window will popup. You’ll find two options near the bottom of the page that allow you to control whether or not recent files and folders are displayed to you.
- If you prefer, uncheck the box. There are two choices for showing recently used files in Quick access: “Show recently used files in Quick access” and “Show often used folders in Quick access.” You can also remove your File Explorer session history.
Remove Quick Access from File Explorer Entirely
- Press Windows Key + R at the same time.
- Type regedit into the Run menu and click OK.
- Navigate to the “HKEY LOCAL MACHINE” option, followed by the “Software” tab.
- Navigate to “Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer.”
- Right-click anywhere and choose “DWORD (32-bit) Value.”
- If the value name is changed to HubMode and the value is set to 1, the Quick Access file will be deleted.