Patreon is a membership platform where you can get in close with the creators you like and a platform for creators to earn money. However, if you want to leave Patreon, you might want to delete your Patreon account. Even though Patreon only lets you disable your account, you can remove all your data and disable the account, which results in the same as deleting one.
What happens when you delete your Patreon account
- Disabling your account is permanent and won’t be recovered.
- Any active memberships will be removed.
- Your profile photos and thumbnails.
Delete Your Data on Patreon
Disabling your Patreon account won’t delete your personal data, so you should consider deleting your data as you may not want it to be stored and used any further.
- Visit the Patreon Privacy Hub.
- Click on the Take Control button.
- A popup window will appear, select Erase.
- Click on Confirm Request.
After 14 days of the request, all your data will be deleted.
Steps To Delete Your Patreon Account
Once you delete your data, you should head into disabling your account.
- Visit patreon.com and login to your account if you haven’t.
- Hover the mouse over your profile at the top right corner.
- In the dropdown menu, select My profile settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Disable account button.
- Enter your password and follow the on-screen instructions to confirm.
How To Delete Your Patreon Account Created Using Facebook or Google Account
If you have signed up on Patreon using your Google or Facebook account, you’ll require to create a password for your account and disconnect it from Facebook or Google.
- Go to My profile settings page.
- Create a password; Enter a password and confirm it by retyping it.
- Now, click on the Set Password button.
- Click on Disconnect next to Facebook or Google.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on Disable account.
- Enter your password and follow the popups to confirm.
How To Cancel Your Patreon Membership
If you don’t want to delete your account, you can cancel your active membership and keep your account live.
Before Canceling Your Patreon Membership
Here are some things you need to know about canceling your subscription on Patreon
- Any pending payments on your account will be processed straight away when you cancel membership with a per-post creator.
- Canceling an annual membership will turn off the auto-renewal membership feature.
- There’s no refund when canceling the annual subscription.
Steps to Cancel Your Membership using computer
- Visit patreon.com and login to your account.
- Hover the mouse over your profile at the top right corner and select Manage membership from the dropdown menu.
- On the Active memberships page, click on Edit next to the membership you wish to cancel and avoid further payments.
- Scroll down and click on Edit or Cancel Payment option, placed underneath the Update button.
- A popup window will appear, select Cancel your payment at the bottom.
- Click on cancel your payment button to confirm cancellation.
Steps to cancel membership on Android
- Open the Patreon app on your Android phone. Login to your account if you haven’t.
- Tap on Account at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on your Profile at the top.
- You will see all your active memberships. Tap on the pencil icon (edit), placed next to the membership you are going to cancel.
- Scroll down and choose Edit or Cancel payment option. You’ll find it below the Update button.
- Choose the Cancel your payment option.
- Confirm your decision by tapping on Cancel your payment button.
Steps to cancel your Patreon membership on iPhone/iPad
- Open the Patreon app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap on the three dots at the top right corner.
- A menu will appear, choose Edit $x pledge.
- Scroll down on the page, and tap on Edit or Cancel payment option underneath the Update button.
- Choose Cancel your payment option, and again tap on Cancel your payment to confirm.