Netflix shows you recommendations based on your viewing history and you may want to clear your watch history to keep things secret. Follow these steps to delete your Netflix viewing history from both the web browser and mobile app.
Note: It takes 24 hours to remove a title that you have watched from Netflix and it will not be used to create recommendations any further unless you re-watch it.
Steps to delete Netflix viewing history (web browser)
If you are using Netflix on your PC, then here’s what you should do to delete your Netflix watch history.
- Visit netflix.com on any web browser.
- Login to your account if you haven’t.
- If you have multiple profiles on your Netflix account, select the profile of which you want to delete the watch history.
- Hover your mouse over your profile at the top right corner of the page.
- Select Account in the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Viewing activity.
- Click on the icon on the far right of your target watch history.
- If you didn’t find the watch history you want to delete, click on Show More.
For deleting watch history of a whole series:
- Click on the icon of an episode of the series.
- Now, click on the Hide series? option.
This will delete the viewing history of all the episodes that you have ever watched of the respective series at once.
Steps to delete Netflix History on App
- Open the Netflix app on your phone/tablet.
- Select the profile of which you want to delete the watch history.
- Tap on More option at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Account.
- Your default web browser will open with the Netflix account settings page.
- Now, scroll down on the page and select Viewing activity.
- Tap on the icon of the respective viewing history that you want to clear.
- If you want to clear viewing history of a whole series:
- Tap on the icon of the watch history of an episode of a series.
- Now, tap on the Hide Series? option.