GroupMe is an easy way to send private and group messages using the internet, and also allows you to send/receive money with friends. However, if you don’t need GroupMe anymore, you might want to delete your account. In this article, we will teach you close your Groupme account.
How To Delete GroupMe Account using Computer
- Navigate to groupme.com and log in to your account if you haven’t.
- Click on your profile at the left pane.
- Scroll down on the page and click on Delete GroupMe Account.
- A confirmation popup will appear, select Continue.
- Enter your password and click on Continue to confirm.
Your account is scheduled for deletion and will be automatically closed. However, if you want to reactivate, login to your account within the 48 hours of account deletion.
Delete GroupMe Account on Android
You cannot delete your account using the Groupme app on Android and to do so:
- Open Google Chrome app on your phone.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top right corner.
- In the dropdown menu, enable Desktop site.
- Now, follow the same steps as mentioned above in the article.
Steps To Delete Your GroupMe Account on an iPhone or iPad
- Launch the GroupMe app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Scroll down and tap on Delete GroupMe Account.
- Tap on Continue to proceed. If you own any group, you will need to transfer the ownership or end the group.
- Type in your account’s password and tap Continue to confirm.