Do you have a FB page you don’t want and wondering how to delete a Facebook page? There are easy and quick steps to get rid of an unwanted FB page.
Want to delete the entire profile? Follow steps to delete a Facebook account.
Delete a Facebook page from desktop/PC
You can delete a FB page only if you have the admin privilege.
- Go to Facebook.com from a web browser and log in with your account.
- Click on the drop-down menu icon (▼) from the top menu bar.
- Select Manage Pages from the dropdown menu.
- You’ll see the list of pages you manage, click on the one which you want to delete.
- Click on the Settings option of the page on the top menu bar.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Delete your Page or Remove page.
- After that, click on the option “Permanently delete *your page name*“.
- Facebook will ask you for confirmation, select Delete option to delete Facebook page permanently.
Delete FB page from the mobile
It was easier to remove a Facebook page from mobile, but it’s now a little lengthier. These steps may vary slightly from mobile to mobile.
- Open the Facebook app from your mobile.
- Tap on the menu icon (☰) on the top right corner.
- Select the option Pages from the list.
- Click on the page you want to delete from Your Pages.
- Tap on the option View as.
- Select the Edit page on the top right corner.
- On the next page, tap Settings on the bottom.
- In the Settings page, select General.
- Scroll down to Remove page header and click Permanently delete your page name.
- Facebook will warn you, deleting a Page is permanent. Tap Delete Page? to erase it permanently.
How to deactivate facebook page?
Instead of deleting your page permanently, you want to deactivate temporarily. There is no deactivation option but you can unpublish an FB page and publish it later.
What happen when I unpublish the page?
- Your page will not be visible to the public, even the people who likes it can’t visit the page.
- It will be visible only to people who manage the Page.
- You can publish the page again whenever you want.
Steps to deactivate Facebook page
- Visit Facebook.com from a browser and log in.
- Click on the menu ▼ and select Manage Pages.
- Select the page you want to unpublish.
- Go to the Settings of the page.
- Click on Page visibility.
- Select the option Page unpublished and click Save changes.
- Choose the reason for unpublishing the page and hit Next.
- Select a reason from the list and click Unpublish.