It’s usual to have a pile of contacts over time that you don’t need anymore. Clean up your contacts by following these steps.
Note: Deleting Google contacts will also result in other synced devices.
How to delete contacts from Google account on Android
- Open Google’s Contacts app on your phone.
- Tap and hold on any one of the contacts you want to delete.
- Select other contacts you want to remove.
- Tap on the bin icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- A confirmation popup will appear, select Delete.
How to remove contacts from your Google account on computer
- Visit google.contacts.com and login to your account.
- Select the contacts you want to delete by clicking on the profile beside the name.
- Click on the three-dot icon at the top.
- In the dropdown menu, select Delete.
- A confirmation popup will appear, click Delete.