Roku lets you enjoy streaming video content from different online services. However, there might be some channels you want to delete, which are irrelevant or boring depending on your preference. Here’s how to do it in three various ways.
Before deleting a channel on Roku
Check the channel’s subscription status on my.roku.com to learn if it’s charged from your Roku account. Usually, channel subscriptions are prepaid and auto-renew unless it’s canceled manually. You need to cancel your subscription with the paid channel before deleting it from your account.
How to remove channels from Roku
- On the Home screen, navigate to the channel you’d like to delete and press the Star button (*) on your remote.
- In the popup window, select Remove channel and press OK.
- Select Remove and press OK on your remote to confirm the removal.
How to delete a channel installed from Roku Channel Store
- On the left menu pane, scroll and navigate Streaming Channels.
- Press OK and the Channel Store will be opened.
- Find the channel you want to remove and press OK.
- You can identify the channels installed from the channel store by looking at the checkmark at the bottom right corner of the channel title.
- On the options list, choose Remove channel.
- Confirm the channel deletion by following the on-screen prompts.
How to remove a channel from the Roku mobile app
- Open the Roku app on your iPhone/iPad or Android device.
- Tap on the Channels tab at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap on MY CHANNELS at the top, and you’ll see a list of all the installed channels.
- Press and hold the channel you want to delete.
- A popup window will appear, select Remove.
- In the next prompt, confirm the removal, and the channel will be deleted.