WhatsApp is an easy way to connect with others, and the WhatsApp group adds a nudge to it. However, nothing lasts forever, and you may want to delete your WhatsApp group. Here’s how to remove a WhatsApp group.
How to delete a group on WhatsApp
- Launch the WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android device.
- In the CHATS section, tap on the group you’d like to delete.
- Tap on the name of the group at the top.
- Scroll down on the page. Tap and hold on the name of the group member.
- Select Remove *name* in the popup menu, and tap OK to confirm.
- Repeat the same step until you remove all the group members, except yourself.
- Once you’ve removed all the members of your group, tap on Exit group.
- A popup window will appear, select EXIT.
- Tap on the Delete Group option.
- A confirmation prompt will appear, select DELETE. If you also want to delete the media shared inside the group, make sure to mark the Delete media in this chat checkbox before closing.
How to leave a WhatsApp group
There are a lot of groups in WhatsApp spreading fake news. You can get rid off it by leaving the group. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Group chat you want to leave.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top right corner.
- A dropdown menu will appear, select More.
- Tap on the Exit group option.
- A confirmation window appears, select EXIT. You’ve successfully left the group.