Discord server is an easy way to chat with your friends all in one place. However, sometimes you may feel you need to delete a Discord server as you may have multiple servers making it annoying to use Discord or for any other reasons. In this article, we will teach you how to delete a Discord server from both desktop and mobile app.
Note: Only the owner of the server can delete it.
Steps to delete a Discord Server on Computer
- Open the Discord app and log into your account if you haven’t already. You can also use the web version of Discord.
- Right-click on the server you want to delete from the left pane.
- In the popup menu, select Server Settings.
- Click on Delete Server on the bottom left corner.
- A popup window will appear, enter your server’s name and click on Delete Server button.
If you have 2FA (Two Factor Authencation) enabled on your account, you will require to enter the authentication code before deleting the sever.
Steps to delete a Discord Server using a Phone
- Launch the Discord app on your Android device /iPhone/iPad.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of your screen to open the menu. You can also do it by swiping right from the left corner of your screen.
- Now, tap on the server’s avatar you wish to delete.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top of your screen.
- A popup window will appear, choose Settings.
- Again, tap on the three-dot icon at the top right corner.
- Tap on Delete Server.
- A confirmation prompt will appear, choose Delete.
If you have enabled 2FA on your account, you will require to enter the authentication code before you remove the server.
That’s it you have successfully deleted a Discord Server.