Apple provides a free trial period when you sign up for the music service. If you don’t want to pay for the streaming service after the trial period, you need to cancel Apple Music to stop it from auto charging your card.
If you don’t want to pay for the Apple Music subscription anymore, follow the steps below to cancel it.
Cancel Apple Music Subscription from your iPhone or iPad
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on your name on the top of the Settings page.
- Select iTunes and App Store on the next page.
- Click on View Apple ID from the pop-up menu.
- You need to verify your account with the password, Touch ID or Face ID.
- On the Account Settings page, scroll to the bottom and tap on Subscriptions.
- Find the subscription for Apple Music Membership and tap on it.
- Tap on Cancel Subscription (or Free Trial) option and confirm the cancellation.
Unsubscribe Apple Music from the Music App
You can also unsubscribe Apple Music from the music app.
- Open the Apple Music app on your iPhone, iPad.
- Tap on the For You option at the bottom menu of the app.
- Click on your Apple ID Avatar (icon) on the top right corner.
- At the Account page, select the option Manage Subscription.
- You’ll reach the Edit Subscription page, where you can edit or cancel the Apple Music subscription.
Cancel Apple Music from Android phones/tablets.
If you are using Apple Music from an Android device, follow the steps below to cancel the subscription.
- Launch the Apple Music app.
- Open For You icon at the bottom.
- Click on the 3 dot menu (⋮) at the top right corner.
- Select Account and Manage Membership on the next page.
- In the Manage Membership page, click on Cancel Subscription and confirm your choice on the pop-up window.
Cancel from iTunes from your PC
- Open the iTunes app from your PC.
- Click on the option Account and a dropdown menu will appear, select View My Account.
- Provide your Apple password to view the Account information page.
- Scroll down to Settings sub-heading and click on Manage right beside Subscriptions.
- Find Apple Music Membership and open the edit option.
- On the Edit subscription page, click the option Cancel Subscription and confirm it.