VK (VKontakte) is a widely famous social media in Russia. It’s like the Facebook of Russia. However, people living outside Russia may have hardly heard of VK. If you wanted to experience VKontakte and created an account as a part of curiosity, you may have found that it’s barely used by other people, mainly your friends and families. With all that, you might want to delete your VK account and stick to Facebook and Instagram for good. Here, we will guide you to close your VK account.
Note: After deleting your VK account, it will remain deactivated for 210 days and will be permanently closed afterward.
How to permanently delete your VK account on a desktop
- Visit vk.com and sign in to your account.
- Click on your profile at the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the “here” link next “You can delete your account”
- Choose a reason for leaving VK and click on Delete account.
- Don’t sign in to your account for the next 210 days, and your account will be permanently deleted.
How to delete a VK account from Android, iPhone, or iPad
- Open a web browser and visit vk.com.
- Sign in to your account.
- Tap on the ≡ icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the ⚙️ (settings) icon at the upper right corner.
- On the Settings page, select Account.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on the “here” link. It’s alongside You can delete your account.
- Choose a reason and click on the Delete Profile button to confirm.
If you want to reactivate your VK account, just log in to your account before 210 days of your account closure.
What happens when you delete your VK account
- Your data won’t be deleted for a minimum of six months of your account closure as per VK’s policies.
- Your name will still be visible in lists of community members and friends.
- Your comments and likes won’t be deleted.