You want to delete Tinder Account because:
- Swiping left and right pointlessly bores you.
- You found other dating app or platform which is more productive or useful to you.
- Swiping right and discovering later that the person is not the type you are looking for, cost you lots of your time and effort.
If you have ever felt the same or you have found a perfect match then you can delete the Tinder account.
You can deactivate the Tinder account using the mobile app or by using the web browser.
But keep in mind that if you terminate the account, you will lose all the matches, messages, and all the information associated with your account.
So, if you are thinking of taking a temporary break from Tinder for certain reasons and planning to return to Tinder after a while, then you can deactivate your profile. Or make them unavailable to others temporarily and keep all your data safe.
Removing/uninstalling the app from your mobile will not deactivate your Tinder account.
How to delete Tinder account permanently using the mobile app
- Open the Tinder app.
- Tap on the profile icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Settings” (gear icon).
- Swipe down to the bottom of the settings page and then tap on Delete Account.
- Tinder will try to persuade you to pause your account instead of deleting it permanently. Ignore this and tap on Delete My Account.
- Select the reason for leaving the Tinder. If you have a specific reason for deleting Tinder account that you want the people from Tinder to know then select your reason, otherwise just pick any of them.
- Finally, a sub-screen will pop up to confirm your choice to delete the Tinder account. Tap on “Delete My Account,” and you will see a successful message stating “Account Deleted”. The tinder account will be deleted permanently.
How to delete Tinder account using a web browser?
- Visit tinder.com in any web browser as you prefer. Enter your log in credentials if you are not logged in.
- Click on the “My Profile” at the top left corner of the page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the My Profile page and then click on “Delete Account”.
- A sub-window will pop up; click on the “Delete Account” option in it.
Your Tinder account deletion process is complete.
How to Hide Tinder profile?
You can hide your profile in Tinder if you don’t want other people to discover you. It might be helpful if you’re going to take a temporary break from Tinder and wish to return later.
The benefit of hiding your profile instead of deleting it is that all the matches you have found and the conversations you have made will be kept safe.
- Open Tinder App on your phone.
- Tap on profile icon that lies towards the top left corner of the screen.
- In the profile page, tap on the Settings icon.
- Swipe down and turn off “Show me on Tinder”.
Hiding your profile won’t let other people find you on Tinder. However, this won’t stop you from chatting with the current match.