Found better alternative to Spotify or don’t want to waste your hard earned dollar on it? You can easily delete Spotify account or just cancel the subscription.
You need to follow the below process from a web-browser as Spotify doesn’t allow you to delete the account using the app.
Cancel Spotify premium
You can cancel the premium subscription from the Spotify website if subscribed directly or via Android. If you’ve subscribed through iTunes/iPhone please follow the next method.
- Go to https://www.spotify.com through any web browser you prefer.
- Log in with your Spotify credentials.
- Click on “Profile” button at the top right corner of the page. And select “Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the option “Manage Plan” under Spotify Premium heading. If you could not see the option, click on “Account overview” tab in the upper left side of the page.
- Open the option Subscription from the left side menu.
- Hit CHANGE OR CANCEL from the option.
- Now click CANCEL PREMIUM and confirm it by selecting Yes, cancel.
This will successfully cancel your subscription to the Premium plan.
You can also cancel by completing this form and sending it to Spotify.
Cancel Spotify premium from iTunes
If you’ve subscribed to Spotify through iPhone, iPad or iTunes then unsubscribe with following steps:
- Open Settings app from iPhone menu.
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on Apple ID at the top of the screen, and tap View Apple ID.
- Select Subscriptions under the heading Account settings.
- Choose the option Spotify.
- Finally, tap on Cancel Subscription.
How to Delete Spotify account?
- Go to the customer service page of Spotify. If you are already logged in, then you will reach “Contact Spotify page. If not, sign in with your account.
- Spotify will ask you to select a category; click on “Account” option to expand the menu.
- Select the option I want to close my account permanently under the heading “Please select a topic”.
- Now, click on the “Close Account” option at the lower left corner of the page. And confirm it by clicking on the “Close Account” option in the blue tab.
- The details of the account that you chose to delete will be shown. Make sure that it is the same account that you chose to close and then click on “Continue”.
- All the consequences of deleting the Spotify account will be displayed. Check the box before “I understand, and still want to close my account” and then click on “Continue”.
- You will receive an email from the Spotify to confirm your choice of deleting the account in an email address that you have used to sign up to Spotify account.
- Open the email from Spotify team and scroll down to the bottom of the email and then click on Please confirm you want to close your Spotify account.
- In the content of the email click on “Close My Account” option that lies towards the middle of the email.