Do you want to delete your Fornite account? It’s a bit confusing because Fornite doesn’t have its own account system. Instead, it relies on the Epic Games account to save all your games, player’s progress, purchase, and it also transfers data across platforms.
When you first played Fortnite, you had signed up on Epic Games account as any other Fortnite player. So, if you want to delete your Fornite data completely, then you have to delete the Epic Games account.
Important: Deleting your Epic Games account is permanent. So, make sure you really want to close your account. If you just want a break, don’t use your Epic Games account and log in when required.
What Happens When You Delete Epic Games Account?
- All your progress in Fortnite will be deleted.
- You won’t be able to access any games purchased from Epic Games.
- Your friend’s list on Epic Games will be removed.
- If you have any downloadable content (DLC) such as Fortnite’s V-Bucks, it will also be erased.
Table of Contents
How to Delete a Fortnite Account
The account deletion process has changed now. In the past, you had to email the company directly and request for account deletion. It’s way easier and faster now.
- Visit epicgames.com on any web browser.
- Log in to your Epic Games account.
- Hover your mouse over your account name at the top right corner and select ACCOUNT in the dropdown menu.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on REQUEST ACCOUNT DELETE.
- You will receive an email from Epic Games with the security code for the confirmation of account deletion.
- Enter the security code and click on CONFIRM DELETE REQUEST.
- A confirmation message will appear, click on Done.
Note: Your account deletion time can take up to two weeks.
How to Unlink an Epic Games Account From a Console
If you want to use a separate Epic Games/Fortnite account on your PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch, you don’t have to delete your Epic Games Account. You can simply disconnect your Epic Games account to the console and link a new account. Here’s how to do it.
Remember: Disconnecting your Epic Games account to the console will not delete your data from the servers. It will just unlink your account from the console.
- Visit epicgames.com and login to your account.
- Click on your username at the top right corner and select ACCOUNT.
- Now, select CONNECTED ACCOUNTS from the left pane.
- Click on the DISCONNECT button under the console that you want to unlink.