If you are done with selling and bargaining for the stuff you need online, you might want to delete the eBay account. Closing your eBay account is kind of lengthy but you can perform it quickly by following these steps.
What happens when you Delete your eBay account
- You won’t be able to buy or sell things on eBay.
- Your feedback profile will no longer exist for other members.
- If you have any feedback left for others, it won’t be deleted.
- You cannot use your email/username on eBay or half.com
- Your purchase and sales history will be removed.
- It can take up to 30 days to complete your account deletion process. You will get an email once your account gets closed.
Before closing your eBay Account
- Your account’s balance should be null.
- All your fees should be paid.
- If you have any suspensions or restrictions, resolve it.
- You cannot have any open bids on products.
- You cannot have remaining payments to be processed.
Steps to Delete eBay Account on Desktop
- Visit ebay.com on any web browser.
- Login to your account if you haven’t.
- Click on your username at the top left corner.
- A dropdown menu will appear, select Account settings.
- Select the Close account option under the Account preferences section.
- Now, scroll down on the page and click on Close account and delete my data.
- Choose a category that explains your reason for leaving eBay.
- After that, select a reason and click on Continue.
- eBay will show some possible solutions to your issue. Click on the Select one dropdown menu and choose No, please close my account.
- Now, click on the Continue button.
- Mark the I read and understand the above information checkbox, and click on Continue.
You will receive a confirmation email requesting your account closure. If you haven’t bought or sold anything using your account in the last 60 days, your account deletion will take 30days and if you have recently used your account, it will remain open for 60 days.
If you change up your mind, then you can recover your account within this period by contacting eBay customer support. Once the period is up, your account will be permanently deleted.
How To Close eBay Account on Phone
You can close the eBay account using eBay’s mobile app.
- Open the eBay app on your phone/tablet.
- Tap on the menu (☰) icon at the top left corner of your screen. You can also do it by swiping right from left.
- A side menu bar will appear, select Settings.
- Now, scroll down and select Customer Service.
- Scroll down on the page, and tap on Account. It’s under the Browse Help Articles heading.
- Tap on See All → option under the Settings heading.
- Now, select Closing your account and deleting your data option on the page.
- Scroll down on the page, and tap on Close account and delete my data.
- Select a category from the dropdown menu. Select the one that matches your reason for leaving.
- Multiple reasons will appear, choose one and tap on Continue.
- eBay will display some possible solutions to your problem. Tap on the Select once dropdown menu and select No, please close my account.
- After that, tap on Continue.
- Mark the I read and understand the above information checkbox and tap on Continue.