How to delete Chrome history?
- Open Chrome Browser from PC or smartphone.
- Go to Chrome history by clicking on the browser menu. Click on menu option (3 dots arranged vertically) that lies towards the top right corner of the page. You can also reach the history page using short-cut key ‘Ctrl+H’.
- In the history page, you will see the list of all the sites that you have browsed through Chrome. Select the pages individually by checking the small square box in front of the link. To select the entire history press (Ctrl+A).
- Once you finish selecting the history that you want to clear click on “Delete” option that lies towards the top right corner of the page.
- A sub-window will pop up to confirm that you want to delete the selected items from the history of your browser. Click on “Remove” to confirm.
- This process will delete your browsing history from Chrome permanently.
Alternatively, you can clear Chrome history with the following process.
- Once you reach the history page of Chrome (Ctrl+H), click on “Clear Browsing data” option in the left panel.
- A sub-window will appear displaying you the type of browsing data that you can delete.
- Select the “Browsing history”. If you want to clear cookies and caches, select them as well.
- Now select the period from when you want to delete Browsing history. If you want to delete entire history, select “All Time” from the Time range box.
- Click on “Clear Data” and all the browsing history from your Chrome browser will be deleted.
Don’t want Google Chrome to remember your browsing history? You can simply use incognito mode.
- Open Chrome browser
- Click on menu option (3 dots arranged vertically).
- From the drop-down menu, click on “New Incognito window”.
The shortcut key to open Incognito window in Chrome is “Ctrl+Shift+N”.