edX is one of the largest online course provider hosting university-level courses with some being free of cost. However, if you want to leave edX for whatever reason, you might want to close your account along the way. Here, we will guide you through the steps to delete your edX account.
Note: Deleting your edX account is permanent and cannot be restored once done.
How to permanently delete your edX account
- Visit edx.org and sign in to your account.
- Click on the ▼ icon beside your username at the top right corner.
- Select Account from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Delete My Account button.
- A popup will appear, scroll down, and type in your password.
- Now, click on Yes, Delete to confirm.
Want to delete your Khan Academy account? Check out our article, here.
What happens when you delete your edX account
- Your profile and personal data will be deleted.
- The same username or email address cannot be used to create a new account.
- If you have earned any certificates, it will be deleted as well.
How to close an edX account linked to a social media account
- Unlink your edX account from the social media account.
- Reset your password as you need it later for authorizing your account deletion.
- Follow the same steps as deleting an edX account. Check above for steps.