Airbnb lets you arrange or offer lodging, homestays, or tourism experiences. However, if you don’t find Airbnb being that helpful, you might want to deactivate your account and take a break or permanently delete your Airbnb account.
Note: By deactivating your account, you will be able to reactivate it when required in the future without losing your data.
What happens when you deactivate an Airbnb account
- If you have any current reservations as a host or a guest, it will be automatically canceled.
- Your Account will remain hidden.
- If you are a host, your listings will be also hidden.
- Some of your information may still be visible to other people, such as your reviews.
- You can reactivate your account when needed.
Steps to Deactivate Airbnb Account on Desktop
- Visit airbnb.com on any web browser and log in to your account.
- Click on your profile at the top right corner of the page.
- Select Account from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Take care of that now. It’s under the Need to deactivate your account? heading.
- Select your reason for deactivating your account and click on Continue.
- Now, click on the Deactivate Account.
How to Deactivate Airbnb Account on App
- Open the Airbnb app on your smartphone.
- Tap on PROFILE at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down on the page and select Get help.
- Now, search for “deactivate” in the top search bar.
- Select How do I deactivate or delete my account? option on the page.
- After that, tap on deactivate your account option.
- Choose your reason for deactivating your account and tap on Continue.
- At last, tap on the Deactivate account button.
How to Reactivate Airbnb Account
If you want to reactivate your Airbnb account, you will have to contact Airbnb directly and request to reopen your account.
How to Delete Airbnb Account
If you want to permanently delete your Airbnb account, you cannot do it by going into your account settings. For that, you will need to Contact Airbnb Support for your permanent account closure.
You can directly call Airbnb Customer Service in this toll-free number 1-855-424-7262.