Airbnb lets you arrange or offer lodging, homestays, or tourism experiences. However, if you don’t want to use Airbnb anymore or just want to take a break, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to close your Airbnb account.
How to close your Airbnb account?
Note: Deleting your Airbnb account is permanent.
- Visit the Airbnb’s manage your data page.
- Log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Under the Delete your account heading, click on Request to delete your account.
- Scroll down and select the country you live in and click on Next.
- Click on the Delete account button.
How to deactivate your Airbnb account?
Note: If you want to reactivate your Airbnb account in the future, you have to contact Airbnb support.
- Visit airbnb.com on any web browser and log in to your account.
- Click on your profile at the top right corner of the page.
- Select Account from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Take care of that now. It’s under the Need to deactivate your account? heading.
- Select your reason for deactivating your account and click on Continue.
- Now, click on the Deactivate Account.
What happens when you deactivate your Airbnb account?
- If you have any current reservations as a host or a guest, it will be automatically canceled.
- Your Account will remain hidden.
- If you are a host, your listings will be also hidden.
- Some of your information may still be visible to other people, such as your reviews.
- You can reactivate your account when needed.