Mailchimp is one of the biggest names when it comes to email marketing service, but at this current period, alternatives to Mailchimp are gradually creeping in the market. If you think it’s time to leave Mailchimp, you might want to delete your account. Here, we will guide you to delete your Mailchimp account.
Note: Closing your Mailchimp account is permanent.
How to delete your Mailchimp account
- Visit mailchimp.com and sign in to your account.
- Click on your profile at the bottom right corner and select Account.
- Click on the Settings dropdown menu and choose Pause or delete account.
- Make sure Permanently delete this account is selected and click on Continue.
- Fill up the account closure survey if you want.
- At the bottom of the page, type in your password and click on Permanently Delete Account.
- A confirmation popup appears, type in DELETE, and click Delete Your Account.
What happens when you delete your Mailchimp account?
- All your data, including reports and audiences, is deleted.
- All your account data associated with your audiences, reports, and campaign archives is erased from Mailchimp.
- If you are a monthly subscriber and recently upgraded to an upper billing tier, you may owe an outstanding balance.
- If you have any outstanding balance, it will be charged before your account closure.