Couchsurfing is a popular service for connecting to travelers community around the globe. However, if you want to delete your Couchsurfing account for whatever reason, we’ve got your back. Here, we will guide you to delete your Couchsurfing account permanently.
In addition, we will also guide you to deactivate your Couchsurfing account if you just want to take a break from Couchsurfing or hide your profile.
Permanently Close your Couchsurfing account
Closing your Couchsurfing account will delete all your personal data and as there is no option to delete your Couchsurfing account on the site, you have to request the support team to close your account.
Note: Make sure to copy your profile link as you need for submitting the request. For e.g: https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/tenten-cerpa
- Go to the Couchsurfing Request Submission page.
- Select My Account in the Category dropdown menu.
- In Sub Category, choose Reactivate/Deactivate/Delete.
- Under What do you need help with?, select Deactivate or delete my account.
- Enter your email address associated with your account at the top.
- Scroll down and type in REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT DELETION as Subject.
- Explain about your account closure in Description.
- Paste your Profile link and click on Submit.
- Now, Couchsurfing support team will review your request and inbox (email) you for any further instructions or confirmation.
Want to close your Ticketmaster account? Check out our article, here.
How to deactivate a Couchsurfing account
Deactivating your Couchsurfing account will completely hide your profile, and you won’t receive any emails from Couchsurfing, but you can reactivate it whenever you want.
- Visit https://www.couchsurfing.com and sign in to your account.
- Click on Settings at the top right corner.
- Select Account & Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the setting page and click on Deactivate My Account.
- A popup will appear, select Deactivate.