Facebook search is a great way to find people, pages, groups, posts, etc. FB uses search history to improve your search results. If you don’t want to see your past search, clear Facebook search history from desktop or mobile app.
Want to remove something from your wall? Delete a Facebook Post.
How to clear Facebook Search History?
You can find search history on the search box or on the Activity Log.
Delete Facebook search history on desktop
- Go to Facebook.com and login with your account.
- Click on the search bar on the Facebook homepage.
- A drop-down list of recent searches will appear on your screen, click on the Edit option at the top right corner of the drop-down menu.
- The dropdown list will not appear if you don’t have any search history.
- You can also delete individual search items by clicking the cross button just beside the search entry.
- Select the option Clear Searches on the Search history page.
- Choose the option Clear Searches to confirm that you want to clear all the Facebook search history on the pop-up alert.
Now you’ve successfully deleted FB search history.
- Click on the drop-down (▼) icon from the FB home page.
- Select the option Activity Log from the drop-down menu.
- Click MORE option from the left sidebar and open Search History.
- Hit the option Clear Searches to delete all Facebook search history. If you want to remove a particular history only then select the edit icon just beside lock icon and click on Delete.
Clear search history from the mobile app
- Open the Facebook app from your phone menu.
- Tap on the search bar which is right beside Messenger icon.
- You will see a list of your recent searches, tap on the EDIT option which is located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Clear searches to delete all search items. If you want to delete individual search history, then tap on the cross icon which is placed just at the right to the search name.